Sport Taranaki offers the Skills4Life programme which delivers fully inclusive fundamental movement skills and game sense sessions across Taranaki schools. The programme aims to sustainably integrate Skills4Life as part of schools’ health and physical education curriculum, with a focus on professional development for teachers including term planning sessions for PE, alongside modified and wet-weather game ideas.
The programme can offer:
• Contact time with a Skills4Life coach or facilitator across all four terms
• Planning and delivery support for the revitalisation of school sport events
• Personal learning development and/or planning support for teachers with Sport, Health and Physical Education and/or Physical Activity during curriculum time or during lunch/after school time
• Supporting Principals and Board of Trustees to develop plans
• Modelling of fundamental movement skills or game sense sessions with class and classroom teacher
• Planning and coordination support for school sport including upskilling of parent coaches or the coordination of different sports codes entering school
If you would like to see the Skills4Life programme in your school or would like assistance in planning and delivery from any or our advisors please contact Sport Taranaki.
Click here for resources and links to more information for educators:
NZ PHYSICAL ACTIVITY GUIDELINES
NZ CURRICULUM - Health and Physical Education Learning Area
PHYSICAL EDUCATION NZ
HEALTHY EVENTS & FUNDRAISERS
For ongoing Physical Education ideas follow the PE Gear Shed on Facebook