What is KiwiSport?
KiwiSport is a government funding initiative to promote sport for school-aged children between years 1-13. Funding is provided by Sport NZ with the following aims:
- Increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport, during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs;
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children.
- Support children to develop skills that enable them to participate effectively in sport at both primary and secondary levels.
Sport Taranaki has been given the mandate from Sport NZ to manage and allocate KiwiSport funds within the Taranaki region. This funding is to encourage schools, clubs, community organisations and local businesses to collaborate in increasing opportunities for organised sport.
KiwiSport funding is to provide quality opportunities, support and experiences for children and young people. All applications must tick at least one of the following:
- Identify and focus on initiatives/programmes that support low participating groups/communities to receive activities or sporting opportunities that meet their needs;
- Focus on innovative approaches to getting girls and young women (10-18years) participating in activities and sport that meet their needs.
There is a split of contestable and non-contestable models with the contestable funding open to organisations and schools to apply for investment. Funding will be distributed to organisations and schools who submit applications that meet the criteria and operating principles of KiwiSport (dependent on funding).
Open to schools, National Sporting Organisations, Regional Sporting Organisations. Clubs and commercial organisations to apply.
Fundamental Skills Programme – The Skills4Life programme is to educate and develop the necessary fundamental movement skills in primary school children so that they are able to participate in sport, games and physical activity. It also aims to educate teachers and expand their tools so they can deliver fundamental skills to their students by themselves.
CLICK HERE for all of those FAQs ABOUT KIWISPORT
Funding Round Information
KiwiSport Funding Round 19 is NOW OPEN.
For an application form please contact Terry Long: email@example.com or ph: 06-759 0930 ext:737. Applications close Friday 16 August 2019.
Find out the successful funding allocation for the KiwiSport Funding Round 18 here.