What is KiwiSport?
KiwiSport is a government funding initiative to promote sport for school-aged children between years 1-13. Funding is provided by Sport NZ with the following aims:
- Increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport, during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs;
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children.
- Support children to develop skills that enable them to participate effectively in sport at both primary and secondary levels.
KiwiSport funding is to provide quality opportunities, support and experiences for children and young people. All applications must tick at least one of the following:
- Identify and focus on initiatives/programmes that support low participating groups/communities to receive activities or sporting opportunities that meet their needs;
- Focus on innovative approaches to getting girls and young women (10-18years) participating in activities and sport that meet their needs.
CLICK HERE for all of those FAQs ABOUT KIWISPORT
Funding Round Information
KiwiSport Funding Round 20 is NOW OPEN. 16 November 2019 - 14 February 2020.
For more information about KiwiSport please contact Terry Long: firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: 06-759 0930 ext:737.
Find out the successful funding allocation for the KiwiSport Funding Round 18 here.