Child Protection Workshops for Community Organisations and Clubs
Join Sport Taranaki and The Wheelhouse for these FREE workshops covering the vital topic of Child Protection delivered by Leanne Crouch.
The first workshop focusses on policy development and the second on putting this into practice. If you are in a governance role or on a committee then workshop 1 is definitely for you. If you work directly with children then session 2 is for you.
We know that in reality you probably do both so join us for both. Sport Taranaki will be providing refreshments between the two sessions. The perfect opportunity to network with others and find out more about the opportunities available through Sport Taranaki and The Wheelhouse.
These sessions are available FREE to all trusts, clubs, societies, voluntary and community organisations within Taranaki who work with children and young people.
- Developing and implementing child protection policies and procedures
- Creating a safe organisation
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely
- Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
- Identifying, responding to vulnerability and abuse
- Keeping children at the centre of good practice
- Safe working practices to keep children and staff/coaches/volunteers safe when engaging with children (overnight trips, demonstrations,good practice)