Sport Taranaki Services to Regional Sport Organisations, Sports Clubs & Schools
Sport Taranaki is here to support our Regional Sport Organisations and Sports Clubs. Here are some ways that we can assist your organisation:
Information and resources
Sport Taranaki is a hub of knowledge that can provide your club or organisation with tools to advance. We can provide information around the following:
- Where to source funding and how to apply
- How to use the online Sport Compass self assessment for clubs and RSO's
- How to apply health & safety principals to your club or organisation
- How to set up a new club, create a constitution and fill the roles required to form a committee
- How to navigate legal documents
- How to gain insights into your sport and how to use that information to your clubs advantage
- How to find scholarship opportunities and apply
Sport Taranaki hold regular sport forums with specific focus topics for Clubs and Regional Sports Organisations.
Talent ID Programmes
Sport Taranaki facilitates two talent Identification programmes that support young Taranaki athletes in their aim to advance in their chosen sport. FUTURE CHAMPIONS is a year long support programme that incorporates mentors and workshops to provide information around nutrition, training, physiology and more while PATHWAY TO PODIUM is a Sport NZ programme provides high performance support to local elite athletes.
We can promote your events on Sport Taranaki’s website, facebook page, through our monthly E-news letter and directly to our relevant contacts. Just send us a short blurb about your event, course or programme and other relevant documents like posters etc by emailing [email protected] or calling 06-759 0930 and we will take care of the rest.
Meeting rooms are available free of charge to sports and recreation clubs and some organisations. Please contact the Sport Taranaki office to discuss room availability and bookings.
The following equipment is also available for Meeting Room users:
- Data projector (laptop not available)
- Whiteboard and markers
- O/H projector
- Internet usage (by negotiation
Sport Taranaki has a small pool of equipment that can be used by RSO or clubs to enhance their coaching skills.
- Timing lights & tape measure
- Stop Watches
- Video Camera & tripod
Sport Taranaki has an extensive database of volunteers and can assist RSO's & Clubs with sourcing volunteers for events.
Health & Safety
Everyone has a right to a healthy and safe work environment and this includes those who work and participate in sport and recreation.
Sport Taranaki can help guide you to the right support you need to review and implement your health and safety practices.