Congratulations to all of the nominees and winners at the Taranaki Sports Awards 2019.
The Taranaki Sports Awards are a celebration of our regional successes, strengths and community commitment to sport and active recreation. This year we have included two new categories to further celebrate the time, effort and passion that Taranaki people give to sport.
The 2019 Awards Winners are as follows:
- Silks Audit Sportsperson of the Year Beauden Barrett (Rugby)
- The Floatation Sanctuary Senior Sportswoman of the Year Zoe Hobbs (Athletics)
- BDL Toshiba Senior Sportsman of the Year Beauden Barrett (Rugby)
- New Plymouth Physiotherapy Senior Sports Team of the Year Stratford Stormers Stockcar Team
- QP Sport Protection Junior Sportswoman of the Year Claudia Kelly (Surf Life Saving & Swimming)
- TSSSA Junior Sportsman of the Year Fletcher Moles (Canoe Racing & Surf Life Savings)
- Timberco Junior Sports Team of the Year East End U19 Women's Double Ski Team (Claudia Kelly & Hannah Baker)
- Clelands Construction Masters Sportsperson of the Year Peter Sheaf (Athletics)
- WR Phillips Volkswagen Coach of the Year Sue Southgate (Swimming)
- Favour the Brave Game Official of the Year Paul Williams (Rugby)
- Our Cloud Volunteer of the Year Nigel Hayton (Yachting)
- PipeTech Club of the Year New Plymouth Mountain Bikers
- Sport Taranaki Service to Sport Beth Webster (Tennis), Madge Cathro (Netball), Roger Tonkin (Speedway), Vaughan Garrett (Surf Life Saving)
- TSSA Service to Sport Andy Cowie (Basketball), Wendy Stewart (various sports)
Thank you to the 2019 Taranaki Sports Awards sponsors!